Monday, February 25, 2013

My Little Pony - Show Review

When I was a little girl I loved My Little Pony. I saved up my allowance to buy a unicorn pony, and bought more as I could afford them.

I was vaguely aware that there was a MLP television show, but from the little I had seen it was very silly, so I had no interest. I thought it was much more fun playing with the toys, making little houses for them out of shoeboxes and braiding their hair. I had given each one their own personality, and they talked to each other. I kept them for many years afterwards and even gave them to my eldest daughter to play with when she was about 2.

_________________


Now it's 2013, and there is a new My Little Pony tv show. I'm admitting to you all that I'm a grownup and a BIG FAN. I've seen all the episodes several times and the show continues to amaze me. This year's season finale was incredible, and opens up so many possibilities for next season. Go Bronys!

What do I think is so great about this show? It's about friendship. It portrays real friendship in real ways, while still being cute and fun and a great show for little kids. Some of the episodes are so true to the heart that I've cried watching them.

It's so unlike some other kid's shows that are on today, because this show talks about real friendship and the real choices we have to make. For example, one of my favorite episodes is about three characters; Gilda the Griffon, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. It's called "Griffon the Brush Off".

Episode summary

I find this episode a perfect example of what I love so much about the show. They are talking about a real life situation that can come up, and they have the characters react in real ways. The lessons shown are lessons that I want my daughter to learn.

I'm proud to be a fan of this show.

Janet

No comments: